The Mahomet-Seymour School District is seeking a principal at Mahomet-Seymour Junior High.
The January 22, 2018 states Mahomet-Seymour Junior High School Principal Heather Landrus will resign her position effective June 30, 2018.
Superintendent Lindsey Hall said that the position has been posted, and will be open until February 20.
According to the job description, the district is looking for a candidate with junior high or middle school teaching experience and 3-5 years of administrative experience is preferred. Other desired characteristics include:
- Strong decision maker
- Passionate about serving students, families and staff
- Supportive of staff
- High expectations for students, staff and self
- Understands developmental needs of middle grade students
- Able to develop goals and vision for school
- Knowledge of middle school model
- Outstanding communication skills: verbal/non-verbal, oral and written
- Excellent listening skills with ability to consider input from multiple and varying viewpoints
- Leads by example
- Student/child oriented
- Trust building skills
- Visible in community
- Sense of humor
Hall said interviews will take place during the last week of February, and a candidate will be presented to the board at the March 12 meeting.