With Thanksgiving around the corner, it’s easy to get caught up in the rush of discounts and late-night sales on Black Friday. Instead, reserve your holiday money for Small Business Saturday® on November 26th.
Busey and the Institute for Local Self-Reliance suggest there’s ‘more in it for you’ to Shop Small® than you may think:
- Help your neighborhoods thrive. When you support small businesses, you support your town and neighborhoods. Over 70 percent of small businesses give to local charities that improve their neighborhoods—plus their tax dollars go towards supporting public schools, parks, roads, sidewalks and more.
- Support the local economy. Compared to chain stores, locally-owned businesses recycle a much larger share of revenue back into the local economy.
- Provide more jobs and better wages. Locally-owned businesses create more local jobs, and in some sectors, provide better wages. Shopping small provides neighbors an opportunity to work.
- Receive better customer service. It’s no secret small businesses strive for a memorable customer experience. You’re more likely to receive hands-on personalized care at a locally-owned business than at a big box comparison.
- Lower prices by increasing competition. A marketplace of small businesses is the best way to ensure innovation and reasonable prices over the long-term.
- Keep your environment sale and sustainable. Local stores help sustain vibrant, compact, walkable town centers—which in turn are essential to reducing sprawl, automobile use, habitat loss and pollution.
Need gifts for the holidays? Stop by merchants in Mahomet and thank them for investing in our community.
Busey proudly supports small businesses and entrepreneurs through sound advice and simplified solutions. To learn more benefits of shopping small, visit the Resource Center on busey.com or visit Busey at 312 E. Main Street in Mahomet.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published.